We have three Licensed Document Assistants in Bakersfield, California. Intake Specialists at other locations in California answer calls and help clients retain the paralegals. From time-to-time, the Intake Specialists also do odd jobs, such as collecting signatures from clients and delivering papers to court, but most work is done by the paralegals through e-mail, docusign, and other remote methods.
- First, I must apologize for the Bakersfield Office. We are far behind on paperwork and callbacks, especially callbacks to cases from the remote workers. Cases for the remote workers are more difficult because the remote courts have procedures that we are not yet familiar with. Further, we lost multiple workers for a variety of reasons, including injured spouses, Covid, and simply the desire for a different type of work (Congrats to Gabby for landing a fulltime teaching job). However, we are taking multiple steps to solve the problems:
- We are trying to hire and train a total of six associates in the Bakersfield office. We have the volume to keep them all busy.
- We are tying to streamline the intake process so we get the cases done faster, thus giving us more time for other jobs.
- We are requiring more documentation on each client so we are not dependent on one person to keep a case moving.
- Second, we are bringing in our first two language-specific intake specialists. Their web pages are in the works, and we congratulate them, but neither is in the group chat. However, I’ll give them both the option to join the chat room:
- Third, some of your webpages are incomplete or have errors. OrangeParalegal.com has a beautiful logo, but no content. PapersForCourt.com has multiple blog links, but no blog. EasyCourtDocs.com looks great, but it has a few grammar errors. Let me know if you need help cleaning up your pages.
- Fourth, someone started the rumor that I am teaching paralegal classes, so I’ll try to start posting some instructions. I suggest that everyone start with Proposition 47 Petitions. An instructional video is here.
- Finally, when you visit the link for the Proposition 47 instructions, you may notice that there are many bad links. This is a common problem because I don’t have the time to update all of the pages regularly, and links often go bad after time. If someone would like to learn more WordPress, I can set up a site for you to play with, and you can fix some of our existing damaged pages. Someone could maintain MommysWebpage.com or even work with a dispensary to use BakersfieldBud.com or KernBud.com. I have many available domains.
- SBParalegal.com was just booted from Google listings. Don’t set up Facebook, Instagram, Snap, etc. for the businesses or post them to Google without checking with me. If we post too much too fast Google will move us down in the ranks or ban us.
- We significantly increased the price of evictions because of the massive amount of work that has to be done.
- Each of you should check evictions rules for the cities you work in because some of you may be banned from taking in an eviction.
- OrangeParalegal.com should be active soon and will be used by Stephanie Castaneda Intake Specialist 714-388-6330.
- Only two people have sent me a payment method. I need some way to pay you.
- We need a clear picture of the Intake Specialist on each homepage, unless you are ugly like me. A picture of the local courthouse would probably also be good.
- We plan to simplify the list of serviced provided by the remote workers so it looks like you are more specialized.
9/10/21 Click here to see our new ad campaign. Check to make sure you can receive text messages at the company number, and then send me a text 661-303-8806 saying “Post the Ad.” I will then plug in your number. This is a paid ad, so don’t message me to post it unless you are going to be available to read and forward the text messages.
9/8/21 Facebook created for Easy Court Docs https://www.facebook.com/Easy-Court-Docs-100379862397074 Ask for likes and shares.
9/8/21 Prices are set for the Bakersfield market; however, some of you are in more expensive markets. Therefore, feel free to raise prices, which will raise your fee proportionally. The Bakersfield office will be substantially raising its eviction prices next week.
9/7/21 I combined the Intake and Payment pages to lesson the confusion of having clients jump through multiple domain names.
9/6/21 I bought EasyCourtDocs.com for use by Jessika in Los Angeles County. Her page should be active soon.
We provide one or more web pages for each Intake Specialist, Google listings, advertising, and more. A list of pages we own is here: DaddysWebpage.com/. If you see an unused site and have ideas of how to use it to make money, let me know. For example, Mandy found Jessika who found Stephanie. We want a network for the whole state.
Phone procedures and rules.
- Make sure your cell phone has the name of the business or something simple like, “Document Services,” “Legal Support Services,” or something like that – not a personal greeting.
- Answer the phone using the name of the business or an example phrase like those above.
- You cannot use the title Paralegal, Legal Assistant, or anything similar unless you have met the statutory requirements to do so. Introduce yourself as Intake Specialist, Secretary, Receptionist, or something similar.
- Make sure the client knows that we are NOT a law firm, we do NOT go to court with the client, and we only prepare paperwork under their direction.
- Pricing is on the company web page. If the client wants a service that is not on the web page, take a message and send it to me in a text.
- Encourage the client to retain by filling out the intake sheet at BakersfieldParalegal.com/intake.
- Encourage the client to make a payment at 661Justice.com/money.
- You may have to explain that we share intake and payment systems with other companies so that we don’t each have to pay the cost of these services.
- If the client wants to pay court costs or process server fees using a credit card, add 5% because we pay these fees to others. Remind the client that these fees do not go to the firm.
- Ask if the client possibly qualifies for a fee waiver. Generally, they qualify if they are on public assistance or are otherwise very poor. We do not charge to prepare fee waivers, but make sure they know the fee waiver does NOT waive our fee.
- When the client fills out an intake sheet and/or makes a payment. Send a text so we can move the case along.
- Someone is generally at our main office from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Victor, Leti, and Glenda can answer most questions. If you have to turn a client over to the main office for intake, you will still be paid for finding the client. The main office number is (661)447-4533 and my cell number is (661)303-8806. If you run into trouble, call the main office.
Sample Phone Script
- Document Services, may I help you?
- Do you do xxxx?
- Let me check… [Checks the list to see if we do and what the price is]. Yes, we charge xxxx for xxxx?
- Does that include xxxx? What steps are there? How long will it take? Let me tell you a long story about my problem…
- Let me get someone who is more qualified than I am. I’m fairly new and you deserve the help of a Licensed Document Assistant. Let me get some basic information from you and have a paralegal look at your case and get back to you. May I text you a link to the intake sheet?
Try to keep it simple, and try to get them to fill out an intake sheet as quickly as you can. (https://BakersfieldParalegal.com/intake) When they send an intake sheet, send a text to 661-587-8423 “Joe Smith 661-444-5555 is doing intake on divorce. Quoted $595.”
It is okay to be a new person and admit that you don’t know something. I’ve been fairly new my entire life, and there are many things I don’t know. Be interested in their case, but let them know that someone else has the answers, not you.
The review pagers are ready at PapersForCourt.com and VenturaParalegal.com. Don’t leave reviews on your own page, but leave reviews for your fellow paralegals. Get your friends to leave reviews on your page. Get five 5-star reviews with meaningful comments on your page and I’ll send you $25. The reviews help you more than me, but I want to kickstart this project.
Shantell can now also accept reviews (Papers for Court).
Review links are in the status chart below.
This is a link to a sample letter. We will be doing this project in Bakersfield starting this week. We send the letter to churches, follow up on leads, have the pastors collect the information, have the remote workers fill out as much as possible, and then and then meet the clients at the church to finish the paperwork. Send me a text if you would like to do the same in your city.
I’m ready to add more web page. I’ve already added SBParalegal.com. A list of available pages is at daddyswebpage.com/about-us. If you like one in particular, let me know.
|Papers for Court||Prepare Papers||Ventura Paralegal||SB Paralegal||Easy Court Docs||Orange Paralegal||LA Paperwork|
|Where||San Bernardino||Fresno||Ventura||San Bernardino||Los Angeles||Orange||?|
|Web Page||PapersforCourt.com||PreparePapers.com||VenturaParalegal.com||SBParelegal.com||EasyCourtDocs.com||OrangeParalegal.com||WordPress Only
|Review Ready||Review Ready||Review Ready||Waiting for Code||Waiting for Code||Not Yet Submitted|
|Door Sign||Ordered||No||No||No||Not yet|
|Window Sign||No||Ordered||No||Not yet|