We have three Licensed Document Assistants in Bakersfield, California. Intake Specialists at other locations in California answer calls and help clients retain the paralegals. From time-to-time, the Intake Specialists also do odd jobs, such as collecting signatures from clients and delivering papers to court, but most work is done by the paralegals through e-mail, docusign, and other remote methods.
We provide one or more web pages for each Intake Specialist, Google listings, advertising, and more. A list of pages we own is here: DaddysWebpage.com/about-us. If you see an unused site and have ideas of how to use it to make money, let me know. For example, Mandy found Jessika who found Stephanie. We want a network for the whole state.
Phone procedures and rules.
- Make sure your cell phone has the name of the business or something simple like, “Document Services,” “Legal Support Services,” or something like that – not a personal greeting.
- Answer the phone using the name of the business or an example phrase like those above.
- You cannot use the title Paralegal, Legal Assistant, or anything similar unless you have met the statutory requirements to do so. Introduce yourself as Intake Specialist, Secretary, Receptionist, or something similar.
- Make sure the client knows that we are NOT a law firm, we do NOT go to court with the client, and we only prepare paperwork under their direction.
- Current pricing is at bakersfieldparalegal.com/prices. If the client wants a service that is not on the web page, take a message and send it to me in a text.
- Encourage the client to retain by filling out the intake sheet at BakersfieldParalegal.com/intake.
- Encourage the client to make a payment using the same page.
- You may have to explain that we share intake and payment systems with other companies so that we don’t each have to pay the cost of these services.
- If the client wants to pay court using a credit card, add 5% because we pay steep credit card processing fees.
- Ask if the client possibly qualifies for a fee waiver. Generally, they qualify if they are on public assistance or are otherwise very poor. We do not charge to prepare fee waivers, but make sure they know the fee waiver does NOT waive our fee.
- When the client fills out an intake sheet and/or makes a payment. Send a text so we can move the case along.
- Someone is generally at our main office from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Victor, Leti, and Glenda can answer most questions. If you have to turn a client over to the main office for intake, you will still be paid for finding the client. The main office number is (661)447-4533 and my cell number is (661)303-8806. If you run into trouble, call the main office.
Sample Phone Script
- Document Services, may I help you?
- Do you do xxxx?
- Let me check… [Checks the list to see if we do and what the price is]. Yes, we charge xxxx for xxxx?
- Does that include xxxx? What steps are there? How long will it take? Let me tell you a long story about my problem…
- Let me get someone who is more qualified than I am. I’m fairly new and you deserve the help of a Licensed Document Assistant. Let me get some basic information from you and have a paralegal look at your case and get back to you. May I text you a link to the intake sheet?
Try to keep it simple, and try to get them to fill out an intake sheet as quickly as you can. (https://BakersfieldParalegal.com/intake) When they send an intake sheet, send a text to 661-587-8423 “Joe Smith 661-444-5555 is doing intake on divorce. Quoted $710.”
It is okay to be a new person and admit that you don’t know something. I’ve been fairly new my entire life, and there are many things I don’t know. Be interested in their case, but let them know that someone else has the answers, not you.
We need reviews to move up in the search engine rankings, so encourage clients, friends, and family who are aware of our services to leave reviews. This page has links to leave reviews daddyswebpage.com/review/. Our other sites are being added. Don’t leave more than two reviews a day.